The Talented Ms Ransom
Just stumbled across an article in Campaign all about the latest Heineken TV spot made by Red Brick Road. Better still was spotting the huge picture alongside of my friend Jess in the bath with an animatronic lobster. The premise of the ad is encouraging us loutish Brits to enjoy a more continental style of lager/approach to life. Whilst I'm not entirely convinced by the execution myself (irritation in part fuelled by the knowledge that Alistair McGowan did the VO) I do find it encouraging to see that a more responsible and cultured way of enjoying alcohol is now deemed sufficiently motivating to a mainstream audience that its been selected as the basis for a TV commercial.
Ultimately I feel the execution is marred by the imposing need to have a pretty laddy bloke coupled with the startling smutty double-entendre endline "Get the head right and the rest will follow". But what really makes me laugh is knowing that Diageo would never in a million years be able to condone a line this for any of their brands given the self-imposed DMC straitjacket. Anyway well done Jess lovely!
No comments:
Post a Comment