Talented friends

My dear friend Vanessa has just been selected as one of only twenty winners of the 4Talent Young Creative award. Chosen from over 700 applicants it's great confirmation of her up and coming film making talent.
Today she asked me to give her some feedback on her new website. To be honest I followed the link with low expectations- home built websites are so often dreadful with broken links, shonky html coding and painful navigation. However Vanessa has created a brilliant site that does exactly what it needs to. It looks fantastic, works brilliantly, and leaves the site visitor wanting more.
This single example reconfirmed in my mind the incredible democratic power of the internet. It's allowed sole traders and independent artists alike to reach out, make contact with and share their talent with a potentially limitless global audience, all without needing to have any costly high street physical presence. I believe this alone qualifies the internet as a force for good and I hope it continues to ensure the long tail grows even longer.
Incidentally I'd like to immodestly highlight my superb acting contribution made in Vanessa's 8mm short 'Insert Title Here'. Remember you saw my prodigious talent here first...at 2:30 to be precise. If you have the time I'd absolutely recommend you check out another of Ness' films called 'Pudding Bowl', just recently shortlisted in the Moondance and Reykjavik International film festivals.
No comments:
Post a Comment